Sunday, May 31, 2015

3 Years of Having Diabetes

Tomorrow marks 3 years of me having type one diabetes. What a long 3 years it has been. It's weird to think that I forget what it's like not to be a diabetic, that was 18 years of my life so you would think that I would remember. When diabetes took over my life I didn't think I was able to do everything that I wanted, but that's not true. I can eat anything I want, I can do whatever I want, and I can be like everyone else. With this disease I have become a stronger and braver person. I've lost and gain friends from this. People have said that it's something that I want to brag about or even use for attention. Shame on them for thinking that. This is something that I have to deal with. Something I can't get rid of. Something that I wish I didn't have to take care of. I can't help to prick my finger or change my sites. I have to deal with this, but like I said it has made me a stronger person. I'm so thankful to have amazing people in my life who takes care of me and who is there for me. Even though I have this terrible disease, I love my life. My life is amazing. Here's to many more wonderful diabetic years!
~Stay Strong 
Evelyn