Thursday, May 7, 2015

Dexcom to the Rescue!

Yesterday was the day!! The day that I received my dexcom! I am so excited, happy, nervous, and impatient about starting it! So many emotions all at once! I feel like the dexcom is going to change my life. Even though I have only been a type one diabetic for almost 3 years now and my blood sugars aren't too crazy yet I still feel like I need the dexcom. The dexcom is used to monitor your blood sugars. It's a little device that can track all my blood sugars every minute of the day. With this, I will be able to see what where my blood sugars are going at all times. I'm turning 21 years old in less than a month and as some of you may know that alcohol can really mess up your blood sugars. So when I have a couple of drinks (which won't be a lot, I'm not going to get crazy with drinks lol) on my birthday I will be able to see my blood sugars and catch any lows that may be coming on or even highs. I feel so blessed to be able to have received this device. I will be able to feel more comfortable with my diabetes knowing that I have something that is keeping track of all my blood sugars. I'm so excited to start this new journey with my dexcom!