Thursday, May 16, 2013

Accomplishments Big and Small -Thursday 5/16

Accomplishments Big and Small -Thursday 5/16

I was diagnosed with Diabetes in 2002.  My first large accomplishment was going on an insulin pump and CGM in 2007.  But the biggest accomplishment I have so far is since pumping my A1c's have dropped greatly (pre pump was in the 11's) and since 2008ish All a1c'a have been 6.0 or under!  My average is 5.6%.  I can safely do this with out many lows or highs.  I keep tight controls on my CGM, basal test often when I notice trends and adjust rates, and correct anything under 90 or anything over 120.  Not everyone can accomplish such tight control, but it is a blessing that I can do so as it has greatly helped my complications staying at bay.  I have gastroparesis so the dual and square wave bolus feature is a life saver.  Also keeping my blood glucose as close to 100 as possible keeps my neurpathy well controlled with out needed medications. It is a lot of work, but it pays off well.

Sorry this is so short and sweet.  At the last minute (less than a weeks notice) my parents decided to drive down today and stay for the weekend as my Mom had today and tomorrow and the weekend off work (not often she gets 4 days in a row off).  So I spent the evening with them, and will be spending the weekend with them.  Love having family around.