Monday, February 6, 2012

How Could You???


Ok, so I don't know how many of you have ever experienced this, but I hate when someone says this: "How did you forget to take a blood test/insulin? You've had diabetes for 7 years!"  I don't know why exactly, but that really gets under my skin. Yeah, I've had diabetes for a long time, but I'm a 16-year-old, I get distracted very easily. And I'm not just mentioning this for me, because I know a lot of people hear this all the time. If you're hanging out with friends and you're busy talking about how cute that waiter is, or if
you're a guy and you're just daring each other to ask out that totally smokin waitress, you forget to check your blood sugars, or you forget to take a shot or bolus. It just happens. When someone mentions something or says something about it to you, just ignore them. Or do what I do and say, "You spend the next few years of your life with diabetes, then come back and tell me to never forget things." People might watch us and help us and think they know what we're going through, but they have no idea. But also, don't let people tell you what you know about diabetes, because no one knows better than the person with it right?