Wednesday, March 5, 2014

'If there was a cure right now, would you want it?"

Here is a question that I always get asked and I want to see how you would answer it. The question is “If there was a cure right now, would you want it?” Obviously we would all want this cure so that we would not have to go on dealing with this every day. I would love to have a cure so that I wouldn’t have to deal with my blood sugar during the day. I could eat and drink without giving myself any insulin. Then I got thinking…Diabetes has made me who I am today. It has made me independent, strong, unselfish, and many other things. It has made me to think that I got this for a reason. It has made me thankful for the life I have. It makes me see life in a different way because I honestly I didn’t think about others when I didn’t have it. I just thought that everyone who had it was just making up stories and just wanting me to feel sorry for them. Now that I have this I now realize that no, they weren’t making up those stories that they were telling me. They don’t want me to feel sorry for them; they want me to support them. I was just being selfish and not thinking about others. Now since anything can go wrong with me, to worry about if my blood sugar will go low and then I would go into a coma, or whatever I think about everyone, I think about what people go through every day. They could be suffering or dealing with a disease and I don’t want to judge them and not care about them. So my answer is this: yes I would like a cure, but if there was a cure right now I don’t think I would be ready for it.  

~Stay Strong~
Evelyn